Position: Controller/Bookkeeper (HI-FI, Easy Rider Restaurant, MOKB Presents and Houselight Ventures)
Companies: Houselight Ventures (HI-FI, MOKB Presents, Easy Rider)
Type: Full Time
Join a dynamic and growing entertainment organization based in the Fountain Square District in downtown Indianapolis. We are seeking a controller to manage the day to day financial aspects for our group of companies. The ideal candidate must have a background in accounting with attention to detail and critical thinking skills. This position reports directly to the Finance Director and senior management.
- Coding and data entry of all general ledger transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries to produce accurate monthly and event profit and loss statements for multiple companies
- Oversight of salaried and hourly payroll
- Sales tax preparation
- Processing of billings, tracking of outstanding A/R balances and working with other team members on collections
- Tracking of invoices, proper coding and data entry for accounts payable
- Preparation of weekly payables due for payment for Senior Management approval and payment via ACH or check
- Assist with daily/weekly cash needs for high volume activity for multiple companies
- Experience in bookkeeping, payroll and QuickBooks
- Experience in A/P, A/R, General Ledger and Financial Account Reconciliations and Analysis
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-starter who can multi-task effectively and work independently
- Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills are essential
- Ability to identify and solve problems
Notice: Company conducts a standard background check and reference check on any applicant prior to offering an employment opportunity.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application through this employment portal.
Our companies and affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, or any other status protected by State and Federal Law.